Rules for the 2015 CIVSA Membership Drive:
- The contest is open to all CIVSA members in good standing until May 1, 2016.
- For each new membership recruited with fees paid no later than the time the 2016 Annual Conference Registration closes, the recruiting member will receive 1 entry into a raffle for a drawing during the 2016 Annual Conference in San Diego, CA to win 1 of 3 gift cards (valued at $25, $50 and $100).
New Member is defined as anyone who was not a paid CIVSA member between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015.
- To receive credit for each individual recruited, the new member must include the name and institution of the recruiting CIVSA member at time of application. All applications and membership fees must be received by the time the 2016 Annual Conference Registration closes on May 1, 2016.
- Eligible entries will be verified by the CIVSA Association Manager and President-Elect (Membership Chair).
Good standing indicates that membership fees are paid for 2015-2016. Those not eligible to participate in the drawing are members of the Executive Board, Regional Directors, and the CIVSA Association Manager.
- Personalize the process and answer questions. Let your colleague know what you find most valuable about CIVSA membership. Be sure to highlight member benefits you think the prospect will find most useful.
- Use the materials in the Social Media Toolkit to help you recruit, or print and hand out our recruitment flyer.
- If budget is an issue, be specific about the returns you have received on your investment in membership. In most cases, that far outweighs the reasonable membership fee.
- Follow up is important!
Help to strengthen and diversify the membership – and the resources – of CIVSA!