- Annual Conference
- Advanced notice of and discounted registration price to the annual conference that includes panel discussions, presentations, workshops, and the opportunity to connect with professionals from around the country. Usually held during the first week of June, the conference is held in a different region of the country each year on a rotating basis.
The Welcomer Newsletter
- CIVSA’s newsletter The Welcomer will be e-mailed to you once each quarter. Full of tips, strategies, and advice, the newsletter also usually contains customer service ideas and notes from conference sessions. Recent articles have included topics such as emerging technology and new NCAA recruiting regulations that affect visitor centers. Many issues also include the profile of a campus visitor/information center or a CIVSA member.
- E-Mail Discussion
- A subscription to the CIVSA e-mail group that provides an immediate forum for questions and advice from CIVSA colleagues.
- Student Development Institute
- Advanced notice of registration for the annual student conference that includes panel discussions, presentations, workshops, and the opportunity to connect with others from around the country. Usually held during the second week of January, the conference is held in a different region of the country each year on a rotating basis.
- Membership Database
- Access to an up-to-date on-line searchable database of current CIVSA members. Members can communicate with their colleagues in nearby cities and across the country.
- Links to Members’ Websites
- Access to a list of links to publicly-accessible websites about the individual programs and services operated by our members. These links are helpful to anyone thinking about designing or redesigning a website about their program, and also provide some insight about how other schools are using the internet to help provide visitor and campus information services more effectively.
- Job Postings
- Access to an on-line listing of jobs for professional, support and student positions from member institutions across the country.
- Voting Rights
- Ability to vote during CIVSA business meeting. Also grants ability to hold an office on the CIVSA Executive Board or a committee.